Wednesday 19 July 2017

Valentina


For a couple of weeks now we have had the pleasure of the company of Laura Valentina Bocanegra Villegas, student of Industrial Engineering and Technologist in design, implementation and maintenance of telecommunication systems.

She came by land from Cali, Colombia, to join us as a volunteer. She has had to contend with several days of travel and then with the low temperatures of this time in Cajamarca.

"I was enthusiastic about getting to know the Libraries for what my mother told me," says Valentina, "but I also think that this proposal is a form of opposition to a system that is simply educating us to be consumerists regardless of the environment, a system which is only interested in satisfying whims. Rural Libraries gives another option: to open the minds of people so that they are able to be critical and to can choose a different path. I like to help, I want to make available what I have learned."

Laura Valentina has integrated herself into the daily tasks of the Network, reviewing our communications and electric system, and now helps in the Center of Exchange by preparing the books that the coordinators will bring to the different communities at the next Assembly.

Thank you, Valentina, for your integrity, for accompanying us in the sharing of enthusiasm and joy.


Welcome to the community!

No comments:

Post a Comment