Thursday 27 July 2017

Lizeth


Some time ago, Lizeth Andrea Aristizábal Amaya, a Colombian librarian student at the University of Antioquia, found out about Rural Libraries. Then she wrote us to ask about the possibility of coming.

Now Lizeth is here, with us, integrated with the tasks of the Campesina Encyclopedia.

"There are very precious spaces," she tells us, "to exist in fullness: Cajamarca, with its laborious and friendly people, its sacred mountains and its precious culture, is undoubtedly one of them. I arrived at the beginning of July to this place; I arrived full of joy because at last I would share and learn from those who with their wise and generous work give life to the Network of Rural Libraries of Cajamarca, a library family that transforms lives and that transforms and grows from those lives.

It is short, the time I have in this place, but the joy of having met the librarians of the network and of having been inspired by their humility and their work that is guided by love, will endure in me. The remembrance of Alfredo and his family will also endure: they, through their work and internal strength, have taught me the courage to believe in others; they taught me that together we are stronger and that one plus one is one. I will carry each one of them in my heart.

Cajamarca and its people have given me an eternal gift because in this place I began to believe in magic again; in this place I learned from the hand of Alfredo the importance of living solidarity intensely... "Life is just a little while," he told me as we climbed the Apu Qayaqpuma."

Thank you, Lizeth. How gratifying to know that we are together in this journey that always begins!


Welcome to the community!

No comments:

Post a Comment