Monday 20 June 2016

Connections

In mid-May I had the opportunity to travel to Sócota to visit children with projectable capabilities, together with the coordinators of this area.
I saw progress in the skills of many children; I enjoyed their enthusiasm, their smiles, their astonishing courage and their immense love. I also marveled at the growth of the families of these children and the extraordinary solidarity that the Parent Groups deploy...
And I also experienced firsthand the effort that our coordinators invest in this voluntary work. To visit these children twice a month, sometimes even every week- and see, at the same time, the difficult life situation of each of them; then apply the physical force, the mind, the will and energy to help this child, this family, this community, to improve and to be always on good ground, is really admirable.
A few days ago, Alfredo told me the Community Program has a good team. I want to ratify this: we have – or are- a fantastic team. We are this thanks to the fact that we are strict with each other, because we know that working with children we cannot postpone things or fail.

You, Coordinators and Volunteers of the Network, are extraordinary. And I thank from the bottom of my heart all who generously contribute to this struggle. And I continue to invite others, perhaps undecided, to join us on this path. Maybe like this, all together, we can manage to make this world a place worth walking.
Rita Mocker

No comments:

Post a Comment