Sunday 1 September 2019

The goblin ...


One of the publications of the Network of Rural Libraries that I like the most is El duende del laberinto.

Gather short stories written by Alfredo Mires, none longer than half a page. Alfredo calls them core tales and yes, they touch the core, the nucleus and the heart.

Each page is illustrated with beautiful images of rock art from Cajamarca, adapted to the content of the book.

The stories accompany me in many moments, in many situations: to reflect, to laugh, to think, to encourage meetings, to read them to others or to read them myself, for children and adults, for the countryside and the city, to welcome the morning or say goodbye to the day.

I want to share here two of my favourite core stories. I hope you like them:

Bread

God told the bread:

"Multiply yourself!"

And the bread replied:

"First multiply the flour."

God multiplied the flour.

"Now multiply the yeast," said the bread.

God multiplied the yeast.

"Now multiply the man willing to share me," said the bread.

God began to cry.


The earth
"What is that dung doing in the infinite?" Asked the God of Order.

"It is my creation," said the God of Love. "I will call it "earth."

"Wait to see the people I'm going to put on it ..." thought the God of Madness.


A reader


No comments:

Post a Comment