Thursday 11 August 2016

"The hunter of stories"

A few weeks ago “El cazador de historias” (The hunter of stories) arrived, the posthumous wanderings of our brother and colleague Eduardo Galeano.

Helena Villagra, Eduardo’s companion to the last breath, made sure it got to us.

"One writes without really knowing why or for what, but I suppose it has to do with what one deeply believes in, with the themes that reveal it.

I tried, and I'm still trying to discover of the women and men animated by the desire for justice and the will of beauty, beyond the boundaries of time and maps, because they are my countrymen and my contemporaries, who were born where they have born and have lived when they have lived. "

Thus says Eduardo, whose spirit is still hunting, writing and walking.


Thank you, Helena.

No comments:

Post a Comment