Monday 23 September 2024

Venturing down new paths

At the beginning of August we met with the coordinators of the Community Programme and their children for a very special meeting: we wanted to know what these young people who are the second or third generation of ‘librarians’ and ‘companions of the children of the Community Programme’ remember, learn, think, feel and dream about our organisation and our trajectory.

It was a very emotional reunion where we lived with joy in community. We meditated, with all our senses, on how being a member of this network has influenced our lives. We remembered the books of the network and formed a big mandala with them. We wrote down what has impacted us most in all these years of living together and, at the end, we also wrote down the dreams and contributions we want to offer to the Network. 


Here we share some dreams with you:

‘I would be very happy if I were given the opportunity to draw and paint for the Community Programme.’

‘I dream that my children will at some point participate in the Community Programme and the Rural Libraries Network.’

‘I want to re-read some of the books from the Network and read the new books that have been published in the last few years.’

‘I would like to contribute volunteer hours for what is needed in the Network.’

‘I want to open a library in my home, in the schools where I have children from the Community Programme and in the Health Centre where I work.’

‘I want to continue to volunteer my time, my experiences and my knowledge to the Network.’

‘My dream with and for Libraries is that it is allowed to transform, transmute and transcend. That we never lose our essence or direction, but that we are willing to venture down new paths.’


No comments:

Post a Comment