Sunday 10 December 2023

Rural Libraries in the territory

During the second week of October, mingas were held to prepare the different spaces and to receive everyone in the assembly.

Within the framework of these activities, I was given the task of giving new colour to the map that shows the position of the libraries in the territory. Its large dimensions and height made this an activity that required courage and little vertigo. As the work progressed, which I continued with the firm idea of learning to make this my meditation, I could not help dreaming with every pin that referred to the location of a library. I imagined the surrounding landscape, the rivers, the mountains, the animals, the plants, the harvest, the ayllu (family).

I would also think of the journeys, the trips from each point to the assembly, bringing with them the joy, the knowledge and the spirit of each part of the territory.

When the work was finished and I could see the magnitude of what Rural Libraries encompasses, I felt the joy of the existence of this great ayllu, a space of love for one's own.

Nathalie Estrada



No comments:

Post a Comment