Monday 11 December 2023

Fragments of Alfredo that I knew

It is inevitable to think of Alfredo, now that it has been a year since he began a new journey through unknown worlds. When I evoke him I always think of a walker, a mountain and a smile, I sincerely believe that there is no other way to remember him.

Many times we shared a good coffee, we talked about life, about books, but above all we talked about the permanence of the farm and the farmer. Through his voice I could rediscover the forgotten roots, that "Ayllu" of which he spoke to me; that everything speaks, and that everything lives.

With Alfredo we planned some trips and incursions to the mountain to pay our respects. We could only climb the majestic "Qayaqpuma" but for me it meant an eternal teaching that is, apart from all the forms of Alfredo I knew, that essentially he was a master of the heart and from the heart. I always remember that time he told me that 'Everything will be fine', and in truth it was so. This is the best lesson of life that he left me, with all its meaning and significance.

Finally I share in these lines, something truly magical I have felt since Alfredo began this new journey, I have had some encounters or as Alfredo used to say some "Tinku". First meeting his warm family, then his dear friends, magical libraries, faithful librarians and imposing places. 

Such is the destiny or perhaps the dreaming of Ñaupa that, in each encounter, according to my feelings, some fragment of my dear Alfredo is eternalized.  

Mauricio Perez



No comments:

Post a Comment