Thursday 7 September 2023

Experience in Cajamarca

I share these brief lines about what turned out to be a wonderful experience for my little daughters Mikaela (10) and Rafaella (9).

Cajamarca is a recurring destination for our family and, since our meeting with the Mires Mocker family, there is a better reason to be there.

So last month, taking advantage of the holidays, we decided with my wife that the women of my household deserved to enjoy some time alone in Cajamarca, missing me a little.

Thank you, Aunt Rita! Thank you for having allowed them not only to delight in this vast collection of stories on paper, but to explore through their senses, everything that surrounded them at that moment. What was experienced and learned in "Libraries" (pronouncing that word with undeniable melancholy, because its corners and lines have, of course, the presence of dear uncle Alfredo) was undoubtedly something that will be remembered for a long time.

Here are their words.

José S.

Last month I had the opportunity to spend some time with my uncle Alfredo's family. We visited the main branch of the Rural Libraries Network of Cajamarca, now my favourite place.

It is full of books from floor to ceiling and I love that... I love it.

I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself. I helped to organise some of the many, many books I found there, stamped them, labeled them, among so many other things that can be done in this magical place.

My sister and I were able to learn a little more about the history of Bibliotecas, the old stories, the legends and even read some of the books, of course. I was also able to meet some characters like the Ñaupa; I was amazed by the amount of history and stories they have.

It was an unforgettable experience.

Thank you, Aunt Rita, for that gift, for taking us there.

Thank you Rural Libraries of Cajamarca.

Mikaela S.


A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to get to know the most precious part of the Mires Mocker family, "the Library".

When they told me: you will help us to stamp, label and organise, I felt very excited at that moment, joyful too.

I loved the stories and the cultures, like the Ñaupas.

All this was thanks to my dear aunt Rita and Rosita; of course, to my mum too for taking us to Cajamarca.

Thank you.

Rafaella S.




















No comments:

Post a Comment