Monday 8 May 2023

Strengthening feelings

Resilience should be more coveted than silver and courage more prized than gold.

Where "every man for himself" thrives, where the me comes first and then the me too, it is extraordinary to see and feel part of this community that seeks to give with reason and without greed: simply to give.

The donation of books by the Network of Rural Libraries of Cajamarca is not limited to the word "donation"; because it is much more: it is effort, it is time, it is love of knowledge and knowledge of life, it is strength of will.

Taking care of the books that will reach the hands of the librarians in the communities, the hands of those who want to know, the hands of the curious; one wonders how many boxes, backpacks and saddlebags these pages containing such rich knowledge will pass through, waiting for their eternal journey.

I respect and admire the work of this association, which is all of its members. Although my vision is still very young, I believe I can see that these human acts are what will keep the sanity of those who still wish to preserve and share.



No comments:

Post a Comment