Monday 27 March 2023

Thank you

Three years ago I returned to live in the community house of the Rural Libraries, volunteering as part of the Peasant Encyclopedia Project and at the same time finishing my last years of study at the University. This time was full of sharing, emotions and experiences. 

I have always considered the Rural Libraries as a family, because of the extraordinary welcome that characterises it and because of what it means to many of us as peasant readers. 

I have learned a lot during my time here, getting involved with the activities. Not only fulfilling the duties of the PEC (Proyecto Enciclopedia CampesinaPeasant Encyclopedia Project) and the ATOC (Archivo de la Tradición Oral Cajamarquina - Archive of the Cajamarcan Oral Tradition), or taking care of the house; in the mingas (working as a team on a particular task) too, in the Exchange Centre, in the preparation of materials and when the assemblies were coming up. I continue on this path of learning to work in community, to value and respect our Andean knowledge. 

Demonstrating my dedication and commitment, in spite of my timetable at the busiest times of my studies, I have always been on hand to support the Network's activities.

I have always said that life is full of experiences and this is one of my best experiences for my development as a person and in my professional life. It was an honour to accompany Maestro Alfredo in this task, as he said: "it is a living way of learning". The fact of sharing and recognising the honourable work that librarians do, of not allowing the memory of our ancestors to be lost and of always keeping in mind the sense of community. 

I am now in a new phase of my profession. I finished my studies at university and now I am facing new professional and personal challenges. Although I no longer live in the community house, I have committed myself to collaborate with the network whenever possible and whenever my help is needed. 

My infinite gratitude for the welcome and willingness as always.  

Thank you, family of Rural Libraries. 

Zelma Valeria




No comments:

Post a Comment