Monday 3 September 2018

Ramiro is reborn


Just a few weeks ago, our brother Ramiro Yglesias, coordinator of the Hoyada Verde, in the province of Contumazá, left at dawn to visit an area where libraries need to be revived. In one of the closed curves of the road, the collective car in which he was travelling fell into the ravine. Two of the five passengers died. Ramiro was severely injured. For this Assembly of our Network, Ramiro called us by phone, we put him on speaker phone, and he read us a poem he had written:

The story of my destiny

The story that I have went through
has touched the heart
and not being with friends
is a desolation.

Life brings us pains
and also a lot of joy
I always have hope
that we'll be together someday.

Today I was born again
a new life starts
with the consolation of you all
I think it calms the wound.

To heal, not only
science is needed
the flowers also heal us
when one remembers

My libraries what will they do
when I no longer visit
I cannot keep the register
because I find myself unwell.

Finally I say goodbye
Please do not cry
my greetings to you all
in the central office.

We are here but also there with you, Ramiro!


No comments:

Post a Comment